WHAT IS CARRAGEENAN?
Scientifically, Carrageenan is linear sulfated polysaccharide found in certain species of red seaweed. It is extracted from seaweed grown in Asia and processed into Carrageenan powder. There are 3 types of Carrageenan.
1. Kappa carrageenan- strong gelling
2. Iota carrageenan- weak gelling
3. Lambda carrageenan - non-gelling
Some benefits of Carrageenan are:
• It retains water during and after processing
• Vegetable/Plant origin (ocean farmed)
• Stabilizes fat – protein emulsion
• Reduces purge and cook loss
• Provides stability to freeze-thaw cycling
• Improves texture, enhances sliceability and mouthfeel
• Increases yield
PRODUCTS CARRAGEENAN CAN BE USED IN:
Carrageenan is very versatile. It can be used in various products:
1. Processed meats: Ham, Turkey, chicken
2. Dairy/dessert products: Chocolate milk
3. Canned pet food.
4. Air Freshener gels同性恋称呼同性恋称呼,绅士喵常用绅士喵常用
6. Veggie-gel capsules
7. Beer fining.
IS CARRAGEENAN SAFE?
“Carrageenan is naturally sourced and has been proven safe for use for many years by the FDA and international regulatory authorities,” said Dr. Fabricant, CEO and Executive Director of NPA.
CLICK LINK: Safety of Carrageenan...
For more resources on Carrageenan safety, click here: 同性恋称呼同性恋称呼,绅士喵常用绅士喵常用more resources..